Does SUNYIT have an alumni directory?
A new alumni directory in print form and CD form was completed in August 2010 for SUNYIT through Harris Connect. Because the 2010 alumni directory was only available through pre-purchase with the Harris Connect directory vendor, no extra copies are available for sale at this time.
Directory production and sales: For alumni directories produced in 2010, 1999, 1994, and earlier editions, a vendor was retained to handle information verification and updates for all SUNYIT graduates, as well as the printing, sales, and distribution of the directory. Information about the 2010 Alumni Directory project was distributed by SUNYIT via "The Bridge" magazine, posted to the Alumni section of this web site, and emailed to alumni via the regular Alumni eNews.
Additionally, a series of emails and postcards were sent directly by Harris Connect to alumni of SUNYIT (those graduating from the college from its founding through May 2009), with outbound calling to alumni by Harris Connect, asking alumni to update their information for inclusion in the directory at no charge, as well as giving those alumni an opportunity to purchase the finished directory. Only the exact number of directories pre-ordered were sold, with sales completed in August 2010.
How can I find or contact an alumnus or former classmate?
To find or contact an alumnus or former classmate, refer to the last all-alumni directory (see information above) to see if he/she is listed there. Nearly every graduate allowed general directory information to be published in the all-alumni directory; therefore, the directory is likely to have basic directory information -- a mailing address, as well as possibly a phone number and/or e-mail -- included for that person. Also check Directories on the SUNYIT web site, as some Alumni Association members still retain a SUNYIT Computer Access Account, and those who do would be listed there.
Other options are the Alumni Association on Facebook and the Alumni Association on LinkedIn, for which details and links are posted in Alumni Groups.
If you are an alumnus or current SUNYIT student who can't reach an alumnus through either of these means (e.g., you did not purchase the last all-alumni directory), you can send a letter to the Alumni Office requesting assistance in trying to contact this person. Your request to the Alumni office must include a self-addressed stamped envelope (addressed to yourself) and the following information in order to be processed:
- Your name and class year(s)
- Your current mailing address
- Your current e-mail address(es)
- Your current phone number(s)
- The name of the alumnus you are trying to reach and class year, and any other details that would help the Alumni Office identity the person you are seeking.
- Any other applicable information, such as why you wish to reach this person or details regarding who you are that would identify you to this person.
Assistance for up to two such requests per current student/alumnus per calendar year will be provided in the following manner:
- If the person sought is listed in the latest all-alumni directory, a copy of that directory page will be mailed to you via your self-addressed stamped envelope.
- If the person sought is not located in the latest all-alumni directory, you will be notified of this via your self-addressed stamped envelope.
- In addition, if the person sought has a valid and current mailing address in the college's alumni system, your request letter in its entirety will be sent/forwarded to that address.
Mail requests to: Alumni Office, SUNYIT, 100 Seymour Rd., Utica, NY 13502. Contact the Alumni Office at 315-792-7110 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
What should I do if I would like to contact a number of alumni for a get-together, or set up an alumni or alumni-student event in cooperation with or related to a group at the college?
Contact the Alumni Office at 315-792-7110 or email@example.com to discuss your ideas and plans and how the Alumni office and/or Alumni Association may be of assistance.