Circulation Desk: (315) 792-7246
- Borrowing Privileges, Rights, and Responsibilities
- Loan Periods
- Overdue Fines
- Damaged or Lost Material
Library staff recognize and protect the rights of library users, including the rights to privacy and confidentiality as established by New York State law (CPLR § 4509).
All current students, faculty, and staff may borrow library material for free.
In addition, the library has agreements with the local colleges listed below so that their students may borrow our library material and our students may borrow their library material. Interested parties must have proper identification and proof of current registration.
Residents of Oneida, Herkimer and Madison Counties who wish to borrow material must purchase a Community Borrower's card for the one-time fee of $5.00. Photo identification with proof of current address is required to establish an account. Community Borrowers may check out a total of ten books.
Obtaining a Library Card
Your SUNY Poly ID is your library card. If you are not a student and do not have a SUNY Poly ID, a library card will be provided at the Circulation desk.
Anyone registering or updating borrowing privileges will be asked to produce either proof of registration or some sort of identification with their name, picture and current address, for example, tuition receipt, parking receipt, alumni association card, registration receipt, course schedule, or driver's license.
Borrowing Library Materials
To borrow material, present a valid SUNY Poly ID or library card at the Circulation Desk.
Any material charged to your account is your responsibility. Please notify the library and University Police if your card is lost or stolen.
Items available for borrowing are located in the circulating stacks on the second floor and in the DVD collections on the first floor. Journals, newspapers, reference books, microfilm and most reserve materials may be used only in the library. Selected reserve material may leave the library for limited periods (See Reserves Policies & Procedures)
Returning Library Materials
Borrowers are encouraged to return their books to the Circulation Desk when the library is open. There is a book return available in the lobby for after hour returns as well.
- The standard loan period for books is for the current academic semester. All books are due on the last day of finals at the end of the semester.
- A total of 30 books may be charged out to any one user.
- If another library user needs a book that has been checked out, the book will be recalled from the current user.
If the book you need is checked out, you may request that the book be held for you when it is returned. Please ask the staff at the Circulation Desk for assistance.
- There are no overdue fines.
- If books are not returned by students by the last day of finals of the current semester, then a hold will be placed on their Banner account resulting in the inability to see grades, receive a transcript or a diploma until the items have been returned.
Damaged or Lost Material
- Library users are responsible for all material checked out on their library accounts. Should an item become damaged or lost, users will be billed a replacement cost plus a $10.00 processing fee.
- If a user arranges to provide a replacement copy, the user is still responsible for paying a processing fee for that item. If a lost item is found within one year and is returned with a receipt, the library will refund the replacement cost of the item but not the processing fee.