Congratulations from SUNY Poly!
**Congratulations on your admission to the State University of New York Polytechnic Institute! This is an exciting time in your life, and we’re delighted to welcome you to our amazing academic community. Get ready to be challenged, pushed, and pulled in ways you never imagined. On behalf of our staff, we want to extend our best wishes for a pleasurable and rewarding educational experience at SUNY Poly.
Please carefully review and follow the instructions below:
Please fill out the Admissions Tuition Deposit/Enrollment Confirmation Card as soon as possible after receiving your acceptance packet from FedEx. You must submit a $200 tuition & housing deposits to confirm your attendance and reserve your housing on campus. Please make online deposit either using VISA or MasterCard. A link to the housing application and license will be sent to your SUNY Poly e-mail account after your housing deposit has been received. (Note: Freshmen are required to live on-campus.)
Transfer student only If you do not plan to live on-campus, it is your responsibility to secure off-campus housing. For off-campus housing, do the following :
- Begin your apartment search before arriving to campus. We encourage you to join the International Student Association Facebook page to communicate with current students about vacancies off-campus.
After receiving your deposit, a notification with information will be sent to you on how to activate your university email and student accounts.
After activating your accounts, advance registration by the Office of International Admissions will take place. At this time your e-bill will be generated, and we will notify you via email when it’s available for viewing and payment. Payment for the semester is expected prior to your arrival, so it is important that you begin to think now about your options for settling your bill.
Your options for making your tuition and fees payment include:
- Credit Card – Log into Banner Web Self Service, click on “Student Services and Financial Aid” located right above the Search box. Click on “Student Records”, click on E-Billing and QuikPay, click on Authorized Payers and follow the instructions.
- Payment Plan – To set-up a payment plan, get out of your account and go back to the “Student Records” menu in banner and click on “Time Payment Plan & Banner Billing Information.” Select the term and then click on the “E Cashier” logo at the bottom of the page. Another window will open for the “NBS e-Cashier Automatic Payment Program.” Follow the instructions to set-up payment. To learn more detail about the payment plan option prior to signing up for it, please visit: www.sunypoly.edu/bursar/billing_payment
- Pay to Study – This option allows international students to pay by bank transfer right from their home country. To learn more about this and to sign up, visit: PaytoStudy – The Easier & Safer Way To Pay
- Money Order or Check (Demand Draft) – You can mail in a money order or check (demand draft) from your home country, Payable to "SUNY Poly". The mailing address is:
SUNY Polytechnic Institute
Office of International Office
100 Seymour Road, Utica, NY. 13501. U.S.A.
Important: We cannot provide SUNY Poly’s banking information such as our routing number or swift code for wire transfer or telegraphic transfer purposes. You must use one of the options detailed above to make payment.
Make travel arrangements and inform us of your plans International Student Orientation will take place from August 22nd -26th, 2016. Complimentary pick-up from the Syracuse Hancock International Airport in Syracuse, NY is available on Monday, August 22nd & 23rd, 2016. Once your travel plans are made, it is critical that you complete and submit the International Student Arrival Information Form. Please submit this form even if you do not require airport pick-up so we are aware of when you are entering the US. Arriving on a day other than August 22nd or 23rd will require you to secure your own transportation to Utica.
Comply with mandatory health requirements Information on health requirements can be found the Health and Wellness Center website. Be sure to complete the required forms and return them to the Health and Wellness Center by August 1.
|AFTER ARRIVING IN THE US|
Step 1: Attend international student Orientation International students are required to participate in a mandatory orientation program from August 22nd -26th, 2016. During this important program, you will have the opportunity to get acquainted with the college, our faculty, staff, current students and the Utica area. All new students will be charged a mandatory, one-time orientation fee which will automatically be applied to the first semester billing statement.
Step 2: Verify your compliance with mandatory health requirements Stop by the Health and Wellness Center, Oriskany Hall, Suite B, to make sure that aall of your forms have been submitted and that you are compliant with the health requirements.
Step 3: Submit final transcripts If you currently have coursework in progress, bring your final marksheets/trancripts along with the provisional/final certificate of degree with you to the US. The International Admissions Office will need to receive the official documents or attested copies upon your arrival to campus.
Step 4: Meet with your adviser and adjust your course schedule During international student orientation, you will meet with a faculty adviser, review your course schedule and make any necessary changes. (Note: in order to maintain F-1 status you must be a full-time student: undergraduate students must register for 12 credit hours.)