Continuing Professional Education
Photovoltaics Entry Level Certificate Course
• a home or business owner who wants to learn about photovoltaics and/or other forms of alternative energy?
• a roofing, electrical, HVAC or building contractor who wants to service the photovoltaics or other alnernative energy industries?
• interested in a career in photovoltaics or other alternative energy industries?
If so, this comprehensive energy course is for YOU!
The course will run on SATURDAY mornings between February 4 and May 5 and on selected TUESDAY and THURSDAY evenings in April.
Photovoltaics Entry Level Certificate Course at SUNYIT
Learn about wind, geothermal and solar energy with an emphasis on photovoltaics (PV):
- Methods of energy extraction from biomass, solar, wind, hydro and geothermal sources
- Understand the practical codes, electrical and solar site selection issues involved with photovoltaics
- Power management, economic development, and environmental impacts
- Mock solar roof for hands-on panel manipulation
- Safety harnessing and wiring workshop
- Codes and requirements for installation of grid-tied systems
- Prepare for and take non-credit NABCEP 40-hour PV Entry Level Certificate Exam
Dr. Glenn Van Knowe, MESO, Inc.
Mr. Rob Wilson, Brookfield Engineering
$600 tuition includes the course textbook (Photovoltaic Systems, 2nd Edition), all instructional materials, and all course sessions including NABCEP exam prep sessions and fee for NABCEP’s PV Entry Level Exam.
For more information on NABCEP Certification: www.nabcep.org/entry-level-program-2
Those who pass the exam can begin internship experience with PV installations on a NABCEP-certified installer team,a pre-requisite to NABCEP PV Installer certification required by NYSERDA for Certified Grid-tied PV installations.
For Questions: 315-792-7197 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Register: Complete and submit Enrollment Form below
Pay online: Complete enrollment form below and go to Online Payment