HELP WANTED: CIT Conference
The Office of Campus and Corporate Events will hire (10) students to work the CIT (Conference on Instructional Technologies) from May 21 to 24, 2013. If you are interested in applying for a paid position, please contact the office and/or send your resume to Connie M. Castellano, Director of Campus and Corporate Events, at email@example.com as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted immediately and continue until all positions are filled.
Students selected as Conference Assistants (CA) will reside in Oriskany Residence during the course of the three days unless you are a local resident. If you are a local resident, please note, you must be available during the hours of the conference 7:30 AM to 10:00 PM, on average. CA's will be responsible for assisting with logistics of CIT Conference. The CA position is an excellent student leadership opportunity. The duties consist of, but not limited to: assisting with setup and breakdown of conference; administrative duties, customer service relations, and assistance with facilities issues. In addition, you will be the liaison to guests of the conference residing in Oriskany residence.
This work is fast-paced and sometimes challenging because attendee numbers are potentially averaging about 500 for this conference. CA’s are expected to be flexible, deal successfully with change and reflect a customer-service attitude.
8. Assist fellow staff in completing assignments and meeting deadlines.
Any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the office of Campus and Corporate Events. Thank you.
9. Assist conference guests with check-in and check-out procedures.
1. Be a student in good academic and behavioral standing at SUNYIT
2. Possess a team-oriented philosophy, positive attitude, and high energy for customer interactions.
5. Possess strong communication and administrative skills.
6. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, and students .
7. Due to the nature of the CIT Conference, portions of the CA's responsibilities are spontaneous or with multiple changes.
(Back to Student Announcements | Write a Comment | Subscribe)
facebook | del.icio.us | digg | stumbleupon | RSS | slashdot | twitter